February 7, 2015

Grasa Pomade Review | Manila, Philippines


My hair with GRASA Pomade
My hair with GRASA pomade
GRASA is a locally produced pomade here in Manila, Philippines. I've been using it for a week now and I can definitely say that it does it's job very, very well!

Description

GRASA is a home brewed, oil-based classic pomade made with all natural ingredients. Their motto is Quality over Quantity which tells you that they focus more on brewing high-quality pomades than mass-produced hair goop that could ruin your hair. Interesting fact is that since GRASA pomade is locally produced, the maker has adapted to the local climate of the Philippines and made the pomade less oily compared to the older or foreign pomade brands.

Their packaging is simple yet looks classy. A simple 4 ounce tin can with their logo and a photo of our national hero, Jose Rizal, on top.

Performance Test

I've been using the bubblegum scented GRASA pomade that I've procured last week, and it's interesting to note that the smell if very reminiscent to the Bazooka Joe bubblegum I grew up with. It takes a bit of effort scooping the pomade from the container on your first time but when you get used to it, it gets easier. The hold and shine provided by GRASA is top-notch, you can see from the photo of how high I was able to pomp my hair and how shiny it came out. The other thing that GRASA has over a foreign brand(LayRite) I've also used is when restyling or combing your hair again. My fiancee noticed that after combing the Layrite pomade, it left my hair looking gray and dull, unlike with GRASA, even after many times of combing and restyling, the shine and hold is still there. Amazing! Even when I don't wash the pomade off my hair before going to bed, soon as I wake up I just give it a little combing and my hairstyle is back!

Where to Buy?

GRASA is available through different resellers and shops around the Metro:

  • Calle Skateshop in Buting, Pasig
  • Felipe & Sons in Makati
  • Ropali Motors in Shaw Boulevard, Pasig
  • The SHOP Coffee and Tattoo in Villamor, Pasay
  • Redtrend Lifestyle Shop in Mendiola, Manila
They also have a few resellers that do meetups in every direction. I was able to get mine from Sir Royce in TriNoMa during one of his GRASA Pomade selling meetups. You can send them a text or facebook message if you're interested in ordering these awesome pomades.
  • South Side, Taguig including Makati area reseller is Sir Schorem Ambo - 0916 774 0924
  • Lasalle, Manila side is taken care by Sir Jolo Medina0915 846 1103
  • North area from Munoz to Fairview is Sir Royce F. Mariano's ward - 0932 365 7834
  • and the FAR southside, Laguna area is under Sir Ninoy Dayrit

Conclusion

If you're looking for locally-made, handcrafted with love, and quality pomade in the Philippines, look no further and check out GRASA Pomade, their product is definitely up to par or even better than foreign pomade brands. If you're interested, you can check out the GRASA Philippines Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment